How to Get Started with PhotoVision
We get it—sending your first roll to a film lab can be . . . a little scary. But it doesn't have to be! Here’s how to send us your first roll of film:
1. Order Online
2. Bag + Box + Tape
- Write your ORDER CODE, NAME, and PHONE NUMBER on a slip of paper or an order card.
- Place it inside a plastic, zip-close bag with your film.
- Place your bag inside a box and secure all seams and closures with copious tape.
- Do NOT use a mailer/envelope or rely solely on a box’s built-in sticker seals! We’ve seen both fail regularly.
3. Get a Tracking Number
4. Film Arrives
Once your film arrives, you’ll receive an email letting you know your status changed to Processing.
Check our film service times that day so you know when you might receive your scans!
Once you’ve created your account, submit preference images so we can scan your film to best match your vision. Preference images are 3-5 frames that exemplify your style in terms of color, density and contrast.
5. Send Reference Images
Place your order online here! Upload any order-specific references.
6. Happy Scan Day!
- Your scans will be delivered via Box.com and we’ll send you an email when they’re ready. No Box.com account is needed. Learn how to use Box.com.
7. Give / Get Feedback
8. Get Prints
- If your order includes prints, they’ll ship within 1–2 business days (or 2 weeks if you chose 2 week negative return).
- Didn’t order proof prints? You can order prints anytime here!
9. Negative Return
- Depending what you chose, your negatives will either ship 2 weeks after your scans are completed or be held in-lab until you have enough negatives to fill a flat rate box. Alternatively, you can choose to have your negatives destroyed at no charge.
And that’s it, you’re ready to send in your first order!